Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Tale of Two Peas: Season Finale

As the boy looked down, he noticed some fruits has grown along the stem.

Joseph took a deep breath and his leaves turned greener. He went into some sort of deep thinking mode and rattled on...

"The purpose of a pea is to grow into a pea plant and produce more peas. Our self-preservation instinct is not an end in itself but to achieve the goal of bearing fruit. In the end, it was the scorching sun and thunderstorms that fed me and caused me to grow. In return, I produced juicy green leaves to feed the caterpillars. If you look at all these in its fullness, life becomes interesting."

The boy wondered if Joseph was talking to himself or talking to him. Anyway that was not so important. He bid farewell to the pea plant and went home.

He opened his drawer and found Raymond. Raymond looked grouchy and restless.
"Life sucks! I say that again, LIFE SUCKS!!! It's so boring here. There is no entertainment, no leisure, no pleasure and I am forced to look at four walls."

The boy with his newly discovered wisdom replied,
"So would you like to be planted, life is more meaningful that way."
"No way, I love myself just the way I am, I don't need anyone to teach me how to lead my life."
"Then is there anything I can do to ease your boredom?"
"Well... maybe you can leave me near the window ledge. It is shady and the view is better. I can relax and look at the sky and the world pass me by."

And so Raymond was left at the window ledge. He was happy for two weeks.

On the third week, the school boy came back from school and came to the ledge. Raymond was no longer there....

The end.

No comments: