Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Tale of Two Peas: Part 3

In a nutshell: Raymond and Richard were peas in a pod. Raymond managed to avoid being planted but Richard quietly accepted his fate. He died in an undignified manner shortly but somehow found a new life at the school fence. He even has a new name: Joseph

Part 3:

"Joseph? You must have gone through difficult times to become so strong and healthy." The boy was still amused at what he saw.

"Well it was especially in the beginning. The rain and morning dew made me shiver while the afternoon sun literally baked me like baked bean. Not to mention those terrible thunderstorms. But all these are nothing compared to the humiliation...."

"I'm sorry I abandoned you." The schoolboy was really sorry for what he had done.

"Oh, no no no! Don't get me wrong. I wasn't referring to you! I was referring to caterpillars that come and chew holes in my leaves. I used to be proud of my beautiful, perfect green leaves when I was younger and those caterpillars ruined them all. I was so sad I cried and couldn't sleep for nights. But now I have learned to put down my pride and allow the caterpillars to feed on my leaves. Look at the beautiful butterflies over there, you won't mind a few holes for the sake of such gorgeous creatures would you?"

The school boy sighed and said "Sun, rain, thunderstorms and caterpillars, don't you regret what has happened to you and wished that you were just a pea?"

"Sounds logical..." replied Joseph the plant "But wait, let me show you something...."

End of Part 3

No comments: