Friday, April 18, 2008

Random Updates

Definition: "Random Updates" is used as a heading when I cannot find a better title. Either when I have too many things to say or simply... when no title seemed appropriate. Anyway, here goes Random Update number one...

Happy birthday to long lost twins, Vivian and Eben. The mark of identification? Both of you were born with a scar in the middle of your tummy. lol.... see, I know. Anyway, may the two of you continue your cheerful ways and be happy and fulfilled everyday.

All the best to your MT Orals, although by the time you read this it would probably be over. Still, I wish you eloquence of a lawyer and wisdom of a future Prime Minister.

Volleyball girls.... Should have tell me about the prize presentation today. Candy, how come I have a feeling that you don't read this blog? Could you say something? Anyway, I didn't know you were the captain. How does Captain Candy sounds like? Congratulations to: Candy, Sze Min and Janice. Third in South Zone Schools Volleyball.

I want to say something about the exams: Just concentrate on doing well. Tips for good results:
  • You need to want it badly in order to get it. Attitudes like: so long I pass/I am not the worst in class will not get you quality results.
  • People who celebrate poor results or admit defeat before the paper starts are not helping themselves because they don't cherish doing well.
  • Those who want good results badly are those who quietly study for it and truthfully work for every single mark in their exam. Even when these people fail, they tell themselves: that was my best shot.
  • Seriously, I don't like it when people celebrate "yay, I fail". It just sounds too fake. A poor act of covering ones disappointment.... I'm not impressed.

FT

No comments: